Join IAARS at the annual SCARS/Southeastern Conference July 23-28, 2023.
This conference is being co-hosted by the following Associations:
SCARS & IAARS
Count down timer Until the planned start time for Early Check In at 4:00 pm Eastern Time for the 2023 Conference
Tentative Conference Speakers & Topics
- Brad Muir/Jon Northrup – Crash Test Data and CDR Update
- Steve Anderson – Heavy Trucks
- Carmen Daecher – Traffic Control and Sight Distance at Signalized Intersections.
- Carmen Daecher – Punitive Damages from Z to A & “You Write the Script” a series of Case Reviews with Video
- Daniel Vomhof III – 3D Scanning with Phone Technologies and its use in determining Speed from Crush
- John Daily – Introduction to Rotational Mechanics
- Greg Russell – TBD
Historically, 32-34 CEUs have been granted for attendance at this conference. For preliminary calculations, it is suggested that you err on being conservative and only anticipate getting 30. Any additional CEUs will then be a pleasant outcome, and you avoid the likelihood of coming up short on the CEUs you need.
The conference is being planned for the July 23-28, 2023 in the Charleston/Mt Pleasant South Carolina area. The conference hotel will be the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel of Charleston – 1350 Stuart Engals Blvd, Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464.
The hotel website link is located HERE
The Hotel telephone number is: 800-774-1500 or 843-352-5100 – be sure to mention you are coming for the SCARS Conference
The hotel booking link is HERE
Although the telephone numbers will work for reservations, the hotel would prefer you use the web site, Unfortunately, the Hotel has not provided us with a booking link at this time.
A Google map for the location is located HERE
The hotel starts at $ 125.00 + tax
There is a limited availability of rooms – the earlier you reserve, the more likely you are to get one of them….. in other words, First Come- First Served.
The conference attendee fees are as follows:
- Thru May 31, 2023 (postmark date) – Member = $450.00 / Non-Member = $500.00
- June 1-30, 2023 (post mark date) – Member = $550.00 / Non-Member = $600.00
- AFTER June 30, 2023 (post mark date) – Member = $625.00 / Non-Member = $675.00
- FULL TIME LAW ENFORCEMENT – $350.00 – Law Enforcement who are members in good standing of IAARS or SCARS take $50.00 off
- VENDOR FEES– add $100.00 to the appropriate fee above. Vendor Fee includes one skirted table and admission for one to all activities/sessions. Any additional person(s) will be subject to the applicable rate (post marked registration date) above.
- Children under the age of 6 (Must be included on your registration) = FREE
- Guests Age 6-17 (Must be included on your registration) = $35
- Guests Age 18+ (Must be included on your registration) = $60
- Walk In Guests (any age) NOT included on Registration = $75
In addition to the Crash Testing and Sessions, it is our intention to serve lunch Mon-Thurs and supper Tues-Thurs (Salad / “Southern” Main Course (Pulled Pork, Low Country Boil (includes shrimp), etc.) / vegetable). If you total this up, that is AT LEAST $150 in food, and most probably MORE, depending on where you would eat …. and it is INCLUDED IN YOUR CONFERENCE FEE!! As in the past, we will have hospitality every night from Sunday – Thurs evenings. It is hoped that by providing the meals individual costs should be minimized to some degree.
Conference Registration Form
(Download and print)
The SCHP will again host an ACTAR exam on Sunday, July 23’rd, before conference.
If you wish to take the exam, you MUST register for it through the ACTAR web site, and meet all of the criteria ACTAR has set in order for you to sit for the exam.
The exam will start at 8 am on Sunday, July 23’rd.
Applicants can visit the ACTAR website for associated costs, dates, and instructions on how to apply.
If you have a suggestion for a future topic you would like to see, or present, please contact Daniel Vomhof III at SCARS@4n6xprt.com .